Monday, December 10, 2012

Red Velvet Fudge!

I LOVE holiday cooking! Josh laughs at me, though, because I love to make it and GIVE IT AWAY. Look at us: do we look like we need any sweets in the house? We taste some, then pass it on! And each year, I've always got new recipes to try. Yesterday we went to a Christmas party: what better time to try a new recipe? I made red velvet fudge yesterday, and it was such a hit, I made it again to take to our Life Group meeting tonight. I did have some trouble getting it out of the Christmas pan I used, but I won in the end. :) There's really no reason it's called red velvet fudge except the color - it does not taste like red velvet cake. Just FYI... :) But it is still pretty tasty.

Red Velvet Fudge

1 pkg. white chocolate chips (the smaller package, not the large one)
1 Tbsp. chocolate chips
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp red food dye
1 tsp cocoa powder

Grease an 8" pan well, then set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix the white and chocolate chips along with the baking soda and salt, then add the sweetened condensed milk. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Mix in the cocoa, vanilla, and food dye. Pour into the greased pan and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. Cut and store in airtight container in fridge.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment