Monday, December 17, 2012

Smoky Corn Soup

So I am addicted to pinterest. I've found so many good recipes and craft ideas, great gift ideas, tips for everything! It's great! It has seriously helped save money on gifts this year. I found this recipe on there. I just added/subtracted some things, though. But I thought it sounded good. Josh & I have the Homestead Creamery deliver most of our groceries now, and one thing we tend to stock up on is frozen corn. They also have some really good cream. So why not try it? :) One thing I like doing is taking soup recipes and modifying them a bit for the slow-cooker. That's what I did with this one. So far, the little tastes I've had while stirring have turned out pretty tasty. We'll see! :)


Smoky Corn Soup

3 c corn (frozen, canned, any kind, really)
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 c water
1 c heavy cream
1 can chicken broth
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 pkt Ranch mix

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 4-6 hours. When serving, top with cheddar cheese. Enjoy! :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment