Friday, December 21, 2012

Pesto Fondue!

I love fondue! My absolute favorite was a Swiss one I had in Switzerland. I still have no idea what all was in it, but it was amazing! I've never had any kind of fondue other than cheese, though. At least, not that I remember. However, my boys and I are going to have a "fondue party" with my parents tonight. We're taking a cheese fondue, and my parents are having an oil fondue and a chocolate fondue. I'm excited! No guarantee my boys will eat any, but I think they'll at least eat some bread...

Pesto Fondue

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 jar sundried tomato pesto

Heat first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat until cheese is melted, then stir in the pesto. Heat until slightly bubbly, then transfer to a fondue pot if you have one. Serve with Italian bread, pretzels, and/or sausages. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment