Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snack Mix!

I LOVE snack mix. I think it very well may be one of my absolute favorite holiday snacks to make! Thankfully, my boys have all taken after me in that respect. Josh doesn't like it! I have no idea what's wrong with him (he doesn't like minty things or peanut butter, either!). I know you can buy Chex mix or Ghardetto's (I know I didn't spell that right...), but I think homemade just tastes so much better! It's this time of year that I especially miss my Grandma. Her Chex mix was the absolute best! 

Snack Mix

3 cups chex cereal (rice, corn, or wheat, take your pick)
2 cups cheerios
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup peanuts
1/2 cup goldfish crackers
1 cup pretzel sticks
1/2 cup toasted corn (we tossed some in - we'd gotten it from the nut kiosk at the mall)
1 stick butter, melted
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 300. Mix the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. In a large baking dish, mix all the other ingredients. Then pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Bake 10 min., then shake a little more seasoned salt over and stir, then bake another 10 min. Let cool completely, then store in airtight-containers. Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment